The Intel® Context Sensing SDK surfaces the power of the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and advanced sensor capabilities to power mobile, laptop, IOT and wearable apps. What if the Intel Context Sensing SDK could be used to understand a drone’s environment and even control a drone? That’s the vision we set out to discover in this demo at Intel® Day Zero Google I/O in 2016.
Our demo at the Intel Google I/O Day Zero Pre-Party demonstrated the integration of Intel’s Context Sensing SDK with Intel’s next generation drone platform for the collection and analysis of telemetry and environment sensing data. The demo highlighted how data collected by individual sensors on individual drones can be aggregated and processed for different use cases including authentication and control, environment understanding and proactive maintenance, as well as telemetry for thousands of devices stored and analyzed in the data center.
Demo includes the following:
- Context Demo Dashboard demonstrates collection of sensor data across many drones and devices
- Authentication into “launch” of a drone via multi-device authentication, sensor state recognition and soft sensor inputs (calendar, time of day, etc.)
- Drone Dashboard demonstrates collection of sensor data across many drones and devices
- Drone behavior is also controlled as well by pre-set rules engines running both in the cloud and on the drones themselves
- Machine learning algorithms both on drone devices and in the cloud monitor thousands of drones and demonstrate how drones can “learn” from their environment and from the inputs given to them via sensors, etc.
- The Sensor SDK used for Drones can be used to provide SIMILAR benefits on your IOT device or your laptop 2:1. All the Algorithms we use on drone sensors are cross-compatible on Intel’s Context Sensing SDK for wearables, phones and laptops / 2:1 devices.