Pings, Ports, Preface, Preview . . .
Hi. I’m Ned, and I’m interested in… everything from context-aware technology to post-modern theology to genetic engineering to bicycle hacking to medieval manuscripts. I lead smart teams to product success and build innovative new technologies. I wrote a book about technology, and two novels — Coeur d’Alene Waters — and Sinful Folk, a best-selling novel set in the Middle Ages. I also publish future-looking novels, and my new project is an SF novel about the War on Terror.
- Ideas in Motion — thoughts about technology, innovation and mobility
- Post-Humanism — the next generation of things with brains
- Being a Geek Dad – curiosity, electronics, treehouses, and children
- Dictionary Dreams — telling stories, writing novels, publishing books
- On Police Power -- Bringing Peace or Fear -- A few years ago, I did a ride along with the sheriffs department in Thurston County. The officer I was assigned was thoughtful, judicious, and extremely diplomatic.
- Trains, planes and Seattle supercommuters -- An interesting article in Seattle Times written about my commute, when I was working for Xerox PARC in Palo Alto. 3 days a week spent in CA.
- The Monument - for Veteran's Day -- After 9-11, the NSA sends Peter Fisher to the Iraqi desert with a Stryker brigade to investigate a strange phenomenon that may turn the tide of the battle to free Iraq.
- Interesting Amazon Royalty Calculator -- Here's a great royalty calculator for authors and people considering going indie with their next book.
- October fun - a chilling story -- Sanctuary - new short story from Nick Hallum, published Oct 25. PRE-ORDER today for Halloween!
200K shares: Contently collects all the shared content from Ned Hayes