Pings, Ports, Preface, Preview . . .
Hi. I’m Ned, and I’m interested in… everything from context-aware technology to post-modern theology to genetic engineering to bicycle hacking to medieval manuscripts. I wrote a book about technology, and two novels — Coeur d’Alene Waters, set in the Pacific Northwest — and Sinful Folk, a best-selling novel set in the Middle Ages. I also publish future-looking novels, and my new project is an SF novel about the War on Terror.
- Ideas in Motion — thoughts about technology, innovation and mobility
- Post-Humanism – the next generation of things with brains
- Being a Geek Dad – curiosity, electronics, treehouses, and children
- Dictionary Dreams – telling stories, writing novels, publishing books
- Withholding and Hinting at the “True” Story -- a Post on Toni Morrison's Beloved --
- Taking Monday Off -- Tuesday breakfast in Korea, Lunch in Japan, Dinner in Seattle. Birthday when I landed. I think I lived that day twice, across time zones.
- Nikki McClure and Sinful Folk -- Nikki created the cover of Sinful Folk as one of her signature papercut pieces, but went in a new direction for the internal illustrations, which were created with charcoal.
- Sinful Folk - Interview on BookNote -- BookNote interviewed me earlier this year about my new novel Sinful Folk. Solid interview with good discussion, and quotes read from the book!
- Ancient Virus DNA Gives Stem Cells the Power to Transform -- A virus that invaded the genomes of humanity’s ancestors millions of years ago now plays a critical role in the embryonic stem cells from which all cells in the human body derive.
130K shares: Contently collects all the shared content from Ned